Elizabeth is turning 2 1/2 at the end of May. In June she will be moving up to the 3-T classroom. At first I was very emotional (are you kidding me, I still am) but it really is a beautiful thing. she is growing up and getting prettier and becoming a little girl that is obedient, polite and loving, she loves people, she likes to sing and she loves Church,and she can be so girly! This is her in her dance leotard- she enjoys twirling. And another favorite is wearing moms shoes around the house. I talked with her on the phone today as she has been with grandma since Monday. She sounded so grown up saying "Hi mom, I miss you" When did she start to lose her baby fat...when did her voice start getting more like a little girl than a baby. When did she get that beautiful smile that lights up her whole face...her physical body is changing, growing, developing everyday and her body requires rest and proper nutrition to do this. She is not a new born baby anymore. (many tears) but I do rejoice as I get to see her grow and mature and be the product of her dad and I's love, labor, teaching, disciplining, imparting, etc...
This is like our relationship with God- we grow and mature and it has times where it is uncomfortable and awkward (like those geeky stages physically) and there are days you definitely feel growing pains and I am not talking physical growing pains. We have to feed our spirit like we do our body. And something beautiful for God comes out when we humble ourselves and let Him reign.
Great analogy, Chelsea. My mom taught me early-on to love and embrace every stage of our children's lives. That kept me from being too sad when they moved from one phase of life to another. Even now, I can get emotional over the quick passage of time. But I always bring myself back and remember this stage will be the best one yet~
ReplyDelete