Our Gifts

Our Gifts

Monday, February 22, 2010

Life-much to be gratetful for!

I have a good friend, the reason why we are so close is because we have lived life together, the good and the not so good. I was there when she had her first baby go to glory, she was there when I liked Joe (and told me to give it to God), I was there after she had her second child (she still gives me a hard time cause I hardly held him). She was there when I got married. She was there when we had our fisrt,and there for us with our second and third (she watched Elizabeth for us). When she lost her sister in 2009 I tried to be there. Am I always a good friend, no. Sometimes I talk when I should listen and other times I say nothing when I should, or I dont know what to say- but I do know that her friendship means a lot to me and I am thankful for her. There are a lot more things I am grateful for...
1. God changing my life
2. My husband- even when we do not always communicate well. I am grateful for our three year old marriage. he is so handsome still:)
3. My little girl- she is amazing. Yesterday we were walking to church and I was behind Joe and her and she turned around and said "Come on Momma".
4. My boys-they were pretty healthy, and still don't have that many problems, even though they have been sick the last week, I am grateful it is not pneumonia.
5. A sister who had cancer 10 years ago, but is still alive.
6. A dad who I am getting closer to as the years go by, I look forward to our phone calls, when we get them.
7. A stepdad that has great convictions, and instilled some in me- I find myself saying "this is not a restaurant, you eat what you are served"
8.Two younger brothers and two younger sisters (even if they are crazy and pick their noses).
9. A stepmom that always told us she loved us, especially at night.
10. A mom that laughs really loud, I used to be embarrassed by that but now I love it, she makes me laugh so hard I cry.
11.Four older brothers and two older sisters (who would have thought I would have survived living life with you guys/gals)Actually I always looked up to them.
12. My four nephews and three nieces and another two babies on the way.
13. Both my sets of grandparents. Even though my grandpas are no longer living I am grateful for their service to their country and their family. My grandparents were instrumental in my life. I am grateful for my grandma G even when she does not always remember things, I am so grateful she is still alive and for all the memories I have in me. And grandma A always prayed for me, those prayers mattered.
14. My coworker who is 80, she means a lot to me.
15. My brother in law, who survived a motorcycle accident that he should not have, and I am grateful he is getting married to a great lady.
16. I am grateful for uncle Anthony and Aunt Tabitha- they are very generous and giving.
17. I am grateful for the extra set of parents I inherited marrying Joe. Dale, JoHelen and Marcia. They really care about their grandkids and they have been a blessing to us.
18. I am grateful for the people that take the time to speak into my life, I need sifting and refined.
19. I am grateful for the church I am in and our Pastor- who speaks the truth in obedience and glory to God. And I am grateful for this community.
20. I am grateful for my extended family and the family I inherited when I got Joe.
21. I am grateful that I can feel gratefulness, I never want to become too consumed with myself that I forget others, it is easy for em to do.
Remember that we are imperfect people in an imperfect world trying to serve a perfect God.But we don't want to stay imperfect.

1 comment:

  1. You are a blessing. Thanks for reminding us to be grateful of the little things.

    ReplyDelete