Our Gifts

Our Gifts

Monday, March 18, 2013

Little encouragement

I was driving our puppy to the vet in Palmyra this last Saturday and saw a cardinal bird. It was such a encouragement that new life is coming, spring is around the corner! There was also a beautiful love song a bird chirped- it was lovely (like a Cinderella moment). I think part of the reason I was in awe of the cardinal is that we have had all this snow and now things are kinda muddy, yuck and the bird stuck out, also I can't remember the last time I had seen a cardinal. Sometimes it is things like the above that remind you that God has not forgotten you, no matter how tough the season, or how lonely and sad it may seem. It's not a tough season such as deciding if you are going to still serve God or not- that is not an option- but sometimes things in life are hard. Be it a grandparent very ill, a loved one far away, sickness and interrupted sleep. The birds song was a reminder that, no matter what happens, it is going to be OK. No matter what storm you are going through or coming out of God is there. God's beauty is still all around you. I have two verses to share... John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. Hebrews 10:36-39 For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised. For yet in a very little while, He who is coming will come, and will not delay. But my righteous one shall live by faith; and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him. But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul.

1 comment:

  1. Those are God-given moments for sure. If we will only look, we can see God's hand working all around us!!

    ReplyDelete