Our Gifts

Our Gifts

Friday, January 14, 2011

His enduring promises...not a kid post

I needed to dwell on the hope that Christ brings- I watched a sappy girl movie (One of the Love Comes Softly series) and I have been thinking about life- and different people I know or know of have had some hardship lately. Chemo, children and parents or grandparents passing away, spouses separating. For a bit I just felt overwhelmed with sadness but we have an enduring promise from Him if we are faithful, man I want to be faithful. Without Him we would have no hope. People die from lack of hope and vision. But Christ brings life. I know I want to be found faithful, what about you?

2 comments:

  1. I posted a quote from my morning devotional on my FB status this morning about this. It was regarding how Elisha sent his servant to look 7 times for signs of rain before a tiny cloud appeared on the horizon.

    "Meanwhile, the sky grew black with clouds, the wind rose; a heavy rain came on ..." (1 Kings 18:45a) God moved. Once again, He was faithful. He can be no other way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true, thank you Carol.

    ReplyDelete